February 1, 2008

Is Rick Francona anti-Semitic?

My article on Jonathan Pollard - Israelis ask for release of Jonathan Pollard - again - has generated considerable interest and feedback.

Rabbi Zvi Boyarsky, who I believe is affiliated with the Aleph Institute, has labeled the article as anti-Semitic.

According to their website, the Aleph Institute's Prison Program "assists Jewish inmates ... and their families in coping with challenges that arise for them in their current dilemmas."

I am sure that the rabbi and his colleagues do fine work and are a valuable resource. That said, the people they are serving have been convicted of crimes. My article registering my opposition to the release of Jonathan Pollard is not based on his religion, it is based on his crime and the damage done to our country.

I have added a poll - please vote.